Blue Cheese Steak Bruschetta
A delicious show-stopper of an appetizer for your next get-together!
- 1 large sweet onion
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 slices french baguette (sliced 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 inch thick, 8 ounces each)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon your favorite steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a large skillet, cook and stir onion in 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Place tomatoes in a shallow baking dish. Add 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until softened. Lightly mash tomatoes; stir in onion.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, blue cheese, garlic and remaining salt and pepper.
- Brush both sides of baguette slices with remaining oil. Grill over medium heat 1-2 minutes on each side, or until toasted.
- Season both sides of your steaks then grill over medium heat for 3-5 minutes per side or until meat reaches desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto toasts; top with steak and onion mixture. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!