Many nights, after a long day in the office, I want a bright and fast side dish to accompany whatever we choose to toss on the grill that evening.
This is a go to. Crisp, bright, seasoned asparagus. Citrus and Parmesan cheese are THE PERFECT TOPPINGS for almost any vegetable, IMO.
I love serving this will grilled steaks, chicken, pork chops, fish. All the things.
Don’t forget to pair with a beautiful Chardonnay if that fits your fancy!
Summer Skillet Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- lemon juice
- kosher salt
- crushed black pepper
- parmesan cheese, shredded
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Gently saute garlic in oil & butter (don't scorch!). Toss asparagus in, stir to cook evenly, about 10 minutes.
- Spritz with freshly squeezed lemon juice, kosher salt & pepper, and Parmesan cheese to taste.
- Devour this! If you have leftovers, you can send them on over to me!