What’s better than picked from the garden tomatoes & basil? Love this easy, low-touch dish! Try it out!
I love how BEAUTIFUL roasted veggies look fresh out of the oven.
Let me know in the comments what you think!
Roasted Summer Marinara Sauce
- 8 cups tomatoes (mix of cherry & medium is my go to!)
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 8-10 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- basil leaves
- Core tomatoes. Slice in 1/2. Spread tomatoes, onions and garlic onto a single layer on a large baking dish. Drizzle liberally with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Spend the time you are waiting for these to roast in your kitchen because THE AROMA IS MAGICAL. You'll know its ready when your tomatoes are charred a bit and the garlic is perfectly roasted.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then move to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Enjoy over pasta or as a dipping sauce for garlic breadsticks (or both!)
What’s your favorite marinara sauce recipe? Let me know if you try this one!